Welcome to the DownUnder Direct Inspiration blog. Here you will find lots of fantastic projects using the wonderful range of products from DownUnder Direct. The DownUnder Direct range includes Bazzill Basics Paper, JustRite Stamps, Spellbinders, Swarovski Crystals and BLING-abilities. You will also find our latest edition - the wonderful pre cut and scored card blanks from Le Crystelle. Card blanks are now available for retail purchase only. To view the complete range visit www.lecrystelle.com.au




31 July 2012
Good morning and welcome to Tutorial Tuesday.  Today Sheree takes us through the steps for using your Spellbinders for masking.


Altered art and masking are all the rage at the moment… did you know that spellbinders can make the best masks ever…All you need are a few simple tools:
 Spellbinders of your choice – I used S4-114 Standard Circles Large 
Chipboard -I used an old cereal box as this is thin enough for your spellbinders to cut through 
Ink and sponges 
Bazzill cardstock


I started off with die cutting my mask. I simply put my spellbinder with my cereal box chipboard through my grand calibur machine. This gave me a circle mask perfect for lots of different designs. I wanted a bubble effect over my page (this is another great way to make your own patterned papers). You can also just use your spellbinder itself as the mask simple place this on your page using some removable tape and ink the same way. Just remember to clean off your die before the next use as it will have ink left on the metal…


Next place your design where you require it to be and simply rub ink over the die cut shape. Lift the cereal box off and there you have your own masked pattern…




 Continue this till you get your desired effect… You don’t just have to use circles for masking just about any spellbinder shape would come in great use for masking as well… instead of ink why not try out some sprays these work fantastic also.


Tutorial created by Design Team member-SHEREE


0 comments:

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Followers