Welcome to the DownUnder Direct Inspiration blog. Here you will find lots of fantastic projects using the wonderful range of products from DownUnder Direct. The DownUnder Direct range includes Bazzill Basics Paper, JustRite Stamps, Spellbinders, Swarovski Crystals and BLING-abilities. You will also find our latest edition - the wonderful pre cut and scored card blanks from Le Crystelle. Card blanks are now available for retail purchase only. To view the complete range visit www.lecrystelle.com.au




22 September 2011
Today I have the pleasure of introducing a Guest Designer Karen Lawson


Hi, I’m Kerryn! I live in sunny... soggy.. well these days it’s hard to know, but I come from the land down under. South Australia to be exact. I have been married to my high school sweetheart for over 10 years and we have 2 gorgeous kids, a son who is 6 and a daughter who is 8. My poor long suffering husband is the reason I caught the scrapbooking bug. He bought me a scrapbooking kit as a birthday present about 4 years ago so that I could record memories of our first family holiday. Little did he know the chain reaction that would come as a result of that innocent birthday gift.

I do love recording moments and memories but really, for me, scrapbooking is just about being creative. I love the process of bringing photos, paper and embellishments together to celebrate a special memory or showcase a special photo. While I don’t have as much time for scrapbooking as I used to, I still make time every day for this wonderful hobby of mine.

Here is Kerryn's layout. Kerryn demonstrates how versatile the Spellbinder dies are by using them to cut out different mediums. In this example they have been used on hessian and tissue paper. The close ups shows how Bazzil can be used to bring patterned paper to life.







Products Used:

Bazzill Basics Cardstock:

10-1001E White
15-1080F Ebony
2-250E Maraschino
4-452E Cornmeal Swiss Dot
4-453E Butter Swiss Dot

Spellbinders:

S4-125 Classic Scalloped Circles
S4-114 Standard Circles Lge

Other Materials Used:

Assorted Printed Papers
Kaisercraft Buttons
American Craft Thickers
Basic Gray Alphas
Paper Leaves
Twine
Hessian

Layout Created by Guest Designer-Kerryn

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers